Tuesday, March 6, 2012

collective creative canape bead exchange!

so lori anderson started the bead soup cafe in conjuction with her bead soup blog party this time around. i've soooo been enjoying connecting with other bead freaks and jewelry makers. for those of us who didn't make it into the party, there came the opportunity to be part of a mini-swap. there are 19 of us and keri lee sereika organized it. we're calling ourselves the collective creative canape. collective; all of us together, creative; because that's what it is, canape; because it's a small bite. ;)

my lovely partner is cheryl foiles. we both sent each other bead soups that are inspired by nature. isn't that fun? synchronicity at work. so the parcel arrived yesterday evening and i was sooooo excited! i love challenges, as you well know. the bead soup idea, organized by the amazing, famous, and sweet lori anderson, is so brilliant. we exchange a focal and some accompanying beads with a total stranger and the fun ensues! i love this challenge because it brings beaders together, helps us reach beyond what we would normally choose and create something altogether new and different. it helps me grow and expand as a designer. love love love.

so cheryl went to ornamentea (she is lucky enough to live close enough to go often) and chose gemstones and brass for me. and... wait for it... elaine ray ceramics. swoon!!!!! i've been jonesing for elaine ray ever since i came across lorelei eurto's jewelry, who often uses elaine's work in her pieces.

so here is what she sent me.

she sent petrified wood, agate, a lovely pearl rosary chain, two mystery stone rings, a clasp she made herself, that gorgeous leaf focal that i already have a myriad of ideas for, and little brass pods. oh, and the elaine ray ceramics!!! squee!!! i'm so excited!

so come back april 1st for our reveal. can't. hardly. wait!

11 comments:

  1. That is a most beautiful selection you have going on there...oh my! Can't wait for April 1st! Mine from Rochelle arrived today and I will be blogging it tomorrow...well, later today...it's after midnight! UGH it's after midnight??? I have been doing some polymer work up in the studio...I created a ZEBRA STRIPED CANE!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!! I will probably be blogging about that too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome collection of beads! I can't wait to see what you make out of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool soup Beth! i am jealous of her...she lives near Ornamentea!!!! Have fun with your soup...can't wait to see your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great selection, eye spy some Elaine Ray beads-yum! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I'll be excited to see what you make. And to Cheryl - thanks for including me in on the fun. If you are at my trunk show (March 16th and 17th) please make sure to say Hi! I'm not a jewelry maker so the bead soup blog party is not for me, but makes me really happy to be included in the way. Thanks again to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elaine - I am planning to stop by the trunk show and will definitely stop by and say "hi".

      Delete
  6. These mini swaps are a lot of fun. I have participated in them in the past and it such a great way to keep the fun going and to make new friends!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you like the beads, Beth. When I opened your package and saw the nature theme, I was pleasantly surprised - synchronicity indeed!!

    I can't wait to see what you make, I'm sure it will be awesome. I've been working on mine a little bit each night and am excited now for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome soup. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

i heart you back!