Monday, January 30, 2012

new muffin tin creations

here are the four little ones i've made so far from my muffin tin soups.

first up: hope.


hope's focal is a green girl's piece with emily dickinson's words on the back; 'hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul'. that's my favorite emily quote. it's just brilliant. i also used sodalite coins and briolettes, miyuki fringe beads, amber, czech pressed heart, an art bead clasp from amanda davie, an enamelled head pin from i don't remember where, and nunn design twig connectors. this was the first one i did from my soups and i just love how it turned out!

next: when my heart is breaking

 

i made this pendant in my metalsmithing class. first i cut out the oval with a jewelers saw, hammered around the edges with my ballpeen hammer, stamped the words, epoxied the labradorite to the metal, then painted the words and wiped it off to leave the paint in the stamping. the words say, 'when my heart is breaking, i never leave your hands'. it's a quote from one of my favorite singers, sara groves. i used abalone, rock crystal, aquamarine, freshwater pearls, a mystery stone, brass ring, brass chain, a gaea clasp, and bronze and nickel wire. the word dangling from the bottom is 'faith'. i was excited to again use one of my own art pendants. i'm really happy with this necklace, as well.

followed by: the skeleton key


this was my third creation from the soups i made. i'm not quite as happy with this one. i expect i'll continue fiddling with it. the key is an andrew thornton creation. i added the leather around the key's middle. the circle to the left of this is made up of  peanut seed beads, a technique that i picked up from heather powers' excellent book. i made all the long copper links and the large copper circle up at the top. i used russian amazonite, amazonite, filigree links, a rose link, and a gorgeous handmade toggle from cassie donlen.

lastly: lock me up



i'm also really pleased with this one, as well. it's all sterling silver. the pendants are from nina designs. i used rubies, links from dragonfly findings, freshwater pearls, amber, and a mother of pearl button.

so that's what i've made so far! this is so exciting! what are you working on that's exciting you?

1 comment:

  1. They are all very beautiful, but my favorite is "When My Heart is Breaking".
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

i heart you back!