Friday, September 14, 2012

change my heart, o God

 Image credit: European Southern Observatory.

for the last three nights, God has awoken me in the middle of the night to have me read his word. tonight he had me read all of psalm 119. the upshot of that was me deciding that i need to memorize some bible verses. i've never really done that before, or even been interested. but i'm thinking maybe God wants me to, if you know what i mean. so.

God, help me memorize the verses you want me to hide in my heart, that when i face adversity, your words come to me, unbidden, and clarify the situation and your heart.

then when i got up, a song kept playing through my head. here are the lyrics to that simple song, and more appropriate words i could not have found.

Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You

Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You

You are the potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray


Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. I used to memorize verses as a child, We should keep at it all through our lives. Happy dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth - you and I are partners for the mismatched art bead earring swap! I was so excited when I saw the title of your blog post. It's great to find another jewelry designer who is vocal about her faith in God! Great song, I find myself singing it often. I'm excited to make you earrings!

    ReplyDelete

i heart you back!