Saturday, September 8, 2012

crafter's devotional blog hop

this summer i joined a little group led by elisabeth auld that is individually going through the crafter's devotional.


i ordered it from amazon. it's a beautiful book, with art throughout. very inspiring! loosely organized by day and each day of the week there's a different focus, like journaling or inspiration. i've dived right into the journaling (i'm a writer at heart) but haven't done any of the projects! so sad. i've just been too busy making jewelry for farmer's market and work, work, work. i expect i'll get more into it as summer ends.

i wanted to talk about one of the inspiration posts. it was about looking to your church service as a source of inspiration for your art. i had never thought of this. i'm a very visual person, so i'm inspired mostly by the beauty of the world around me. i live in alaska, so that's not hard to find. and the beads speak to me. i'm not as inspired to make jewelry by words. the spoken word is hard for me to grasp for very long. i generally connect the words with a feeling, and remember that feeling rather than the words. and i feel a lot in church! so i could try to be inspired by the *feelings* i get in church. hmmm. must ponder this more. see where it takes me.

join us on our hop! visit these other fine ladies.

8 comments:

  1. I love how we can all take the same book and "see" so much/ in so many different ways in it for ourselves Happy Hopping Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda had the same thought about that prompt: to try to figure out how to be inspired by the feelings that are often evoked in those situations. I hope to see what comes from your ponderings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, I've always loved the stain glass windows of the church I attended as a child, but it never dawned on me to use the service itself as a source of inspiration. Until I saw your post. Can't wait to see how the "feelings" inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Beth! It's great to meet you. I guess we need to start thinking about creating as less work and more play. haaaaaaaa Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Church's are all full of beauty and the inspiration would be outstanding! I have never thought of that either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am visual too, the church I used to go to at home had the most beautiful paintings and molding and ceilings and such and I would notice the colors and patterns...I guess this is when the words did not grab me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am inspired by the world around me and people. I think feelings run deeper than words most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth - thanks for much for posting and participating. I had some of those same thoughts about church too - sometimes the words strike me at just the right moment, there more than anywhere else. I didn't know you lived in Alaska!!! I've only visited once and we LOVED it. I need to bring my kids back someday soon.

    ReplyDelete

i heart you back!